WHAT IS OUR POSITION ?
A European digital strategy must enable EU citizens and companies to fully grasp the opportunities of the digital wave. And it must aim to make the EU one of the leading regions in the digital economy.
The major challenge is to create the right context that will make it possible to make the most of digital innovations and trends.
That is why the EU needs to give concrete shape to a true digital single market, based more on harmonised and forward-looking regulations. In addition, such a framework must encourage innovation and must further investments.
There are many opportunities and challenges ahead but the EU already has many assets to rely on. Let us enhance these assets through a successfully performing digital market!
WHAT ARE OUR CONCRETE RECOMMENDATIONS ?
- Ensure maximum harmonisation within the digital single market so as to make the EU one of the leading regions in the digital economy.
- Optimise the potential (use & free flow) of the data economy and build confidence (strengthen cybersecurity, balanced data protection, etc.).
- Stimulate investment in digital infrastructures to improve connectivity.
- Invest massively in artificial intelligence (AI).
- Accelerate the implementation of a European strategy for the development of digital skills.