WHAT IS OUR POSITION ?
A sound Flemish energy and climate plan for the period until 2030 must dare to go further than simply providing incentives for certain choices. More energy efficiency and more renewable energy sources must find their way with less support. This is why the prices on the market must also set us on the right course for the further electrification and greening of Flemish society (including mobility). We also need a better way to calculate the energy performance of a building that also applies when a building is renovated. The Flemish government must also provide for substantial investments in the grid infrastructure so that grids can be smarter and consumers themselves can take their consumption into their own hands, which contributes to energy efficiency. At the same time, this transition must remain affordable for Flemish companies, but also stimulate them to continue making certain sustainable investments in Flanders.
WHAT ARE OUR CONCRETE RECOMMENDATIONS ?
- A sound plan to achieve Flemish CO2 objectives in non-ETS sectors, including a binding renovation pact for housing
- A green tax shift that shifts the high surcharges on the electricity bill to fossil fuels
- A rate structure that also makes it possible to use digital meters in an intelligent way
- Simplify the Energy Efficiency and Indoor Climate calculation methodology and its introduction
- Support for the successor of Flemish energy policy agreements, and energy savings projects in SMEs (mini energy policy agreements)
- Monitor the competitiveness of companies by limiting surcharges on electricity, for example by maintaining financial compensation for indirect emissions